In addition to offering the highest level of quality care, Alderwood Care Home has exceptional facilities that make life enjoyable and engaging for all residents, whatever their hobbies and personal preferences.
- A beautiful landscaped garden – one of the most wonderful features of Alderwood Care Home is it’s large landscaped garden onto which the ground floor rooms have access. The garden is peaceful and quiet offering patio areas, gardening boxes for residents to enjoy growing their own plants and a large lawn on which many events are held during the summer months.
- Cinema – a fantastic widescreen experience enabling residents to enjoy both old classics and new releases with family and friends.
- Bar and brasserie – our ground floor bar and brasserie offers a wide variety of coffee and teas and home-made cakes and pastries which can be enjoyed by residents and their families in relaxed surroundings.
- ‘Elegance’ hair salon – residents can pamper themselves in our hair salon offering true indulgence through a range of relaxing treatments, including massage, manicures, pedicures and foot massage as well as all the usual hair styling.
- Library – our library has an extensive collection of fiction, non-fiction and audio books for our residents to enjoy some quiet time or a game at the billiards table.
- Comfortable lounges – each floor has its own lounge/diner where residents can spend time socialising with other residents or quiet time relaxing.
- Sensory room – a sensory area is available for residents to use designed to engage the senses promoting relaxation, contentment and overall well-being for those resident’s living with dementia.
- Private dining – we know how important it is to involve family and friends in our residents’ lives. Our private dining area is available to our residents to host a dinner party or celebratory function.