At Alderwood Care Home we are committed to providing high quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- People told us without exception that the staff were caring and treated them with respect. People told us consistently they valued their relationships with the staff team and felt they often went the ‘extra mile’ for them.
- Comments included: “The staff are all lovely, very nice and caring”. “We are treated like extensions of their family, it is truly wonderful”. One relative said: “Excellent, only word for it, the quality of life my [relative] has in here is brilliant. The carers are all so professional and they really do care they love them and know them so well”.
- People and their relatives described Alderwood as a “lovely home”.
- Staff were passionate about their job roles and told us: “I would definitely place my mum here because I know they would be loved and well looked after”.
- Staff interactions with people were considerate and the atmosphere was welcoming, relaxed and calm. Staff demonstrated affection, warmth and compassion for the people they were supporting”.
- Family members told us without exception that they had been fully supported by the management and staff. One relative said: “This home is wonderful they care about everyone, family members as well. You are always made to feel like you matter and are always listened to by all the staff”.
- A health care professional told us: “It is a nice home they always want what is best for people. The staff are enthused and motivated.
- People who lived at the service confirmed they were supported by skilled and experienced staff who understood their needs and knew them well.
- A relative told us: Our [relative] came here on respite when they said they could stay, my brother and I burst into tears knowing she would be safe, we were so relieved”.
- Health Professionals said: “The staff in Alderwood are exceptional, they are all kind and caring, they definitely put people first. The home is very good at enabling people to be independent, it treats everyone as an individual”.
- Without exception, people told us they had enough to do to occupy their time in a meaningful way.
- People and their relatives were full of praise about the management team and family culture they had developed that ensured people were at the heart of everything.
- A relative gold us: “This home is exceptional, I am impressed with the manager they are fully committed to staff and supporting them.
- Staff said they enjoyed working at the home and felt the strengths of the home were: “Very good teamwork, an open culture and a bright, cheerful working environment”. Staff told us they felt valued and supported.
- One relative commented: All I can say is thank you for making such a difference to my mother’s life. My mother is happy and contented because of the care and support given. I can sleep at night knowing she safe”.